We encourage you to share your opinions of the products you have purchased on the SHEIN site, this may help another user to learn more about the product and decide whether it is right for them or not.
Be sincere: We welcome your honest opinion about the product. Your review should be genuine, either favourable or unfavourable. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. Your review should be related to a product you have purchased and used and/or returned. SHEIN will not tolerate any review designed to mislead or manipulate, nor we will give extra points for a positive review. Fake reviews and endorsements are not permitted.
The content you post as a review is considered “User Generated Content” under our T&Cs, please check our T&Cs
if you want to know more about SHEIN’s rights over User Generated Content. Your content will be regulated under this Policy as well as under the T&Cs.
We never pay our users to write positive reviews of our products, by writing any review (whether positive or negative) you are eligible to obtain SHEIN Bonus Points, please click on the link [Link to Bonus Policy] to understand how many Bonus Points you will receive and how to use them.
2. WHO CAN WRITE A REVIEW AND WHEN?
Only users who:
(a) are logged into their account (and therefore verified users); and
(b) have confirmed receipt of the relevant order
will be able to write review about the product(s) they have ordered and received.
If you do not confirm reception of the order, you will not be allowed to post a review. You cannot update or change your comment once you have submitted it.
You can post a review on any product you have purchased and received within 6 months of placing the order. You will not be able to post a review on a product on after this period expires.
A product with the same SKU (or product reference) in an order can only be reviewed once.
3. HOW TO WRITE A GREAT REVIEW?
1. Description: describe how the product feels, type of fabric, usage...and whether you recommend it or not. Provide other customers with valuable information.
2. Attach a photo: you can upload a clear photo of the product. Even better if it's a photo showing the upper body wearing the product. Shows how the product looks in real life.
3. Not too short, not too long: Written reviews should be at least 20 words and are limited to 1,000 words. The ideal length is 75 to 500 words.
In each product review you will be asked to select a rating option via a selection of “starts” from 0-5, being 5 stars the most satisfactory option. This will help to calculate the total score of the products, as described below.
3.1. It is recommended to:
- Upload 3 images
- Use the comment tags
- Ensure images are clear
3.2. How to earn Bonus Points？
Any reviews posted on the Site (whether positive or negative) will earn you Bonus Points.
You will only need to:
(1) Meet the word count, +5 points
(2) Upload image(s), +10 points
(3) Enter complete sizing info, +2 points
3.3. How can my review be selected to be featured in GAL & Style Gallery?
Ensure you comply with our Recommendations in section 3.1 above to receive points.
Tips: Include a try-on image and make sure all the images are clear will increase your chance of getting featured.
4. REVIEWS RULES
4.1. How long does it take for my review to appear online?
When you submit a review, it will be reviewed both manually and/or electronically and posted on the Site generally within 72 hours if it is compliant with the present Reviews policy and our T&Cs; this timeframe may be slightly increased if you review contains photos, please be patient.
4.2 Are all the reviews published? Why was my review rejected or removed?
Yes, we will publish all reviews which are compliant with this policy and/or our T&Cs and will publish both positive and negative reviews.
However, if we find that a review is in breach of this policy and/or our T&Cs, we will not be able to publish it, or it has been published already, we will remove it. Please ensure that you are aware of our review rules and restrictions before you post a review. If you are not satisfied with the non-publication or removal of your review, you can submit a complaint through our Customer Service [LINK] he/she can appeal through customer service.
We have reasonable and proportionate measures in place to prevent fake reviews and to ensure that the reviews are genuine and reflects the experience of real consumers, these measures are, among others, the reviews submitted compliance control by our internal Risk Control department, also we only let consumers logged into their account and who have purchased an item to write a review.
4.3. Rules and Restrictions
If your review does not comply with this section, it will be rejected or removed:
Your review should be:
- Personal: Come from the purchaser and user of the product
- Your own: Write the review in your own words, no need to borrow someone else’s.
- Sincere: Be honest and reflect your personal views on the product
- Focused: Identify and review 1 product at the time rather than mention many products at the same time
- On topic: Please only discuss the product.
- Concise: Be clear and practical – remember the reviews are supposed to help other users decide if a product is the right one for them or not.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
- Reviews that are not about the product. - A review can only be specifically related to a product, please do not use generic reviews for all the products, we need to ensure the trustworthiness of the reviews.
- Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content. - Inappropriate Content means reviews containing contain obscenities, profanity, non-including SHEIN URLs, videos with watermarks, or other people's content or material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech & Offensive Content. - We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people belonging to identity groups including race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality.
Customers are allowed to comment on products and question the expertise of authors, sellers, or other customers as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct. - Reviews may not encourage or support behaviour that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use, underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Positive or Negative Reviews in exchange for monetary rewards. - We don't allow anyone to reviews written as form of promotion, personal interest, where customers have been incentivised in any way to change their reviews etc.
- Third parties’ references/ads or links. - Reviews shall not include the trademark, logo or picture of the products of other retailers or any external links. If you wish to write a comparative review, you can use a generic description for such comparison, such as “other retailers in the market” or “other brands”. Don’t post content if its main purpose is to promote a company, website, author, or special offer.
- Personal information. - Reviews should not contain any personal information belonging to you or a third party so please do not include any email, phone number, address, names (beyond your username) etc.
4.4. How the average score or rating of a product is calculated?
The score is calculated systematically based on the amalgamated score given by each customer who purchased the product and confirmed the order.
5. CONSEQUENCE OF VIOLATION
Violations of this policy mean that the Site and the products sold on it are less trustworthy, safe, and useful. We are therefore very strict on its application and if someone violates this policy and/or our T&Cs
, we may remove their reviews/content, restrict that user’s ability to post reviews and/or suspend or terminate their account.
If any such breach is also a breach of applicable laws, we may need to refer to matter to local authorities which can lead to legal action and civil and criminal penalties.